Rawlins House offers our memory-impaired residents outstanding memory care support in a specially designed care center. Our compassionate staff is uniquely experienced and skilled at caring for people with memory impairment, Alzheimer’s disease, or other dementia.
Our Cherished Memories program is carefully designed to address residents’ unique needs. Our customized approach focuses on individuality, promotes choice, encourages participation in favorite activities, and celebrates accomplishments – all within the supportive structure of familiar surroundings and consistent schedules.
Special efforts are taken to learn each person’s history, life experiences, desires and needs. In this way, activities and experiences can be incorporated in the resident’s care plan and tailored to evoke pleasant feelings and memorable moments from the past. Customized activity-based programming offers opportunities to enjoy many levels of activity, socialization, exercise, music and art. With reassurance and praise for each accomplishment, residents can succeed in ways that are often not possible in the home environment.
Safety, stability and comfort in the memory care living environment are critical to providing quality care. Activity areas and a family-style dining room are decorated in soothing colors and filled with soft, familiar music. An enclosed, secure courtyard ensures residents can enjoy the outdoors in a safe, yet stimulating environment that optimizes independence and well-being.
Cherished Memories Services and Amenities Include:
- Semi-private companion suite
- Residents are welcome to bring small furniture and other cherished items
- Inviting lounge with large screen TV and inviting bird sanctuary
- Secure outdoor courtyard
- 24-hour care provided by licensed, specially trained staff
- Life History – the resident, family members and care team work together to develop a thorough understanding of the resident’s history, life experiences, desires and needs
- Personalized Care Plan – the resident, family members, care team and personal physician collaborate to develop the care plan
- Ongoing advice and counsel for resident and family members focused on wellness, optimal independence and quality of life
- Medication administration and management
- Activity-based programming
- Three delicious meals served daily, plus snacks
- Housekeeping and personal laundry service
- Maintenance of semi-private suites, community and grounds
- Dental and podiatry services arranged
- Beauty salon and barber services
- Social and support services, including assistance with insurance
- Medicare and Medicaid approved
- Most insurances accepted, as well as private pay